The Getty Center


The Gardens
This past Tuesday, I had the opportunity to visit The Getty Center in Los Angeles. Though I am a Southern California native, I had never been to The Getty Center (only The Getty Villa, in Malibu). But what a day it was. 
I went specifically for the Drawings by Rembrandt and His Pupils: Telling the Difference and Irving Penn: Small Trades exhibitions, but found I enjoyed the East Pavilion most with 17th-century Baroque art, including Dutch, French, Flemish, and Spanish paintings. Especially the sculptures and Italian decorative arts dating from 1600 to 1800. 
Despite the over-priced museum cafe and incredibly sore feet, it was a definite highlight of this winter break. Can't wait until I can go back! 
Continue reading for my favorites and photos of the museum!!


The trolley ride up the hill to the museum

The view

Lunch!

Waterfall in the gardens

My favorite pavilion

Oops. I snuck and took a picture when the guards were not looking.

Sunset in LA. The best.

This guy just looked très cool standing there with his cigarette, over looking (literally) all of Los Angeles. 

The drive home down PCH. A great way to end the day.
Check back for Part 2 of this post when I put up my favorite art from the exhibits. I fly back to Virginia Sunday morning and I have yet to pack one item. With a full day tomorrow, I need to begin asap! Hope you guys like the photos and if you're in the LA area, definitely check out The Getty Center. 

No comments:

Post a Comment