“That’s the kind of girl I like”


Photo: Courtesy of WWD
The Spring-Summer ad campaign for Lanvin is all about motion. Creative director, Alber Elbaz said, "I thought maybe we need a bit of action," to Miles Socha of WWD. Featuring model Jamie Bochert, I think the ad is a stunner. I loved the Spring-Summer presentation in the black and white of the beginning and loads of color and all of the glitter Paris had to offer by the end. Elbaz staged a glorious scene with the girls walking down an impossibly long runway with vintage film lights to line the foggy runway in an industrial type building.








As shown above, the dresses from the ad are just as beautiful on the runway. In fact, watching the video of the show was amazing. I really just dream of the days I can get to the shows a la Mark Holgate and write my own reviews of the collections for Vogue, of course. 

Lanvin is one of my favorite fashion houses and is mentioned in the January issue of American Vogue's "Rock the House" which is about the "explosion of energy" the spring collections have brought the fashion industry. It's displaying the "force of personality" designers are bringing to brands Bottega Veneta, Gucci, Balenciaga, Givenchy and Lanvin as they "refocus on the future" as creative directors. In the photo above, you see model Sasha Pivovarova in what Elbaz describes as, "This is five meters of pink organza 'thrown' onto the body in the most nonchalant - but controlled - way." I can't wait to see what Elbaz, who made his debut in 2002, brings in the future. 
Lanvin [Style.com]


No comments:

Post a Comment